Informatica PowerCenter is an enterprise data integration platform working as a unit.
With its high availability as well as being fully scalable and high-performing, PowerCenter provides the foundation for all major data integration projects and initiatives throughout the enterprise.
These areas include:
- B2B exchange
- Data governance
- Data migration
- Data warehousing
- Data replication and synchronization
- Integration Competency Centers (ICC)
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Service-oriented architectures (SOA) and more.
PowerCenter provides reliable solutions to the IT management, global IT teams, developers and business analysts as it delivers not only data that can be trusted and guarantees to meet analytical and operational requirements of the business, but also offers support to various data integration projects and collaboration between the business and IT across the globe.
Informatica PowerCenter enables access to almost any data sources from one platform. It is possible thanks to the technologies of Informatica PowerExchange and PowerCenter Options.
PowerCenter is able to deliver data on demand of the business offering the choice of data access of real-time, batch or change data capture (CDC).
Informatica PowerCenter is capable of managing the broadest range of data integration initiatives as a single platform. This ETL tool makes it possible to simplify the development of data warehouses and data marts.
Supported by PowerCenter Options, Informatica PowerCenter software meets enterprise expectations and requirements for security, scalability and collaboration through such capabilities as:
- Dynamic partitioning
- High availability/seamless recovery
- Metadata management
- Data masking
- Grid computing support and many more
In order to increase operational efficiency and to manage and execute various initiatives, the platform enhances successful collaboration between the business and IT.
Informatica ETL products
PowerCenter has an offer of a wide range of features designed for global IT teams and production administrators, as well as for individual developers and professionals:
- Metadata Manager (consolidates metadata into a unified integration catalog)
- Development capabilities (team-based; accelerate development, simplify administration)
- A set of visual tools and productivity tools (manages administration and collaboration between different specialists)
- Metadata-driven architecture (eliminates the recoding requirement).
The Informatica ETL (Informatica PowerCenter) product comprises three major applications:
- Informatica PowerCenter Client Tools. These tools have been designed to enable a developer to:
- Report metadata
- Manage repository
- Monitor sessions' execution
- define mapping and run-time properties (sessions)
- Informatica PowerCenter Repository - it is the centre of Informatica tools where all data (eg. related to mapping or sources/targets) is stored. Here all metadata for application is kept. All the client tools as well as Informatica Server use the Repository to obtain data. The Repository can be compared to a harddisk or memory in a PC - without it it is possible to process the data but there is virtually no data that can be processed.
- Informatica PowerCenter Server - server is the place where all the actions are executed. It physically connects to sources and targets to fetch the data, apply all transformations and load the data into target systems.