Alteryx produces several data analytics solutions. What differentiates Alteryx is they specialize in self-service analytics with an intuitive user interface. These analytics can be used as ETL Tools within the Alteryx framework. The products work with multiple data sources and perform complex analytics, including predictive, spatial, and statistical.
The Alteryx framework is divided into several components.
- The Designer combines data preparation, blending and analytics into your workflow with the same user interface. You can perform predictive or spatial analytics, and share the results.
This is the primary Alteryx interface.
- The Alteryx Server provides a scalable platform for your analytics. Server includes APIs and macros to integrate Alteryx processes into other internal and external applications.
- Alteryx Connect is a collaborative data exploration platform. Connect performs data cataloging data assets and the results of prior analysis efforts.
- The final piece is the Alteryx Analytics Gallery. Publicly available pre-built applications for download to improve analytics adoption rate.
ETL Data Integration
There are several features to the Alteryx ETL solution:
- Multiple data sources, users can analyze data from many sources including spreadsheets, cloud or on-premise data stores, AWS, Salesforce.
- Data accessed, blended and cleaned from any source.
- Datasets of any size, small to massive.
- A drag-and-drop user interface with no coding requirements.
- Create custom workflows to save and share across the organization, including a public analytics gallery.
- In-database blending and analytics for scalable, secure data without using SQL scripts or code.
- Datasets delivered directly into Microsoft Power BI, Qlik and Tableau.
- Data and analytic workflows packaged into applications that can be published and shared.
What Makes Alteryx Different?
Alteryx’s focus on creating true self-service data analytics is their hallmark. By creating tools that anyone can use to query and analyze almost any data – spreadsheets, data warehouses, big data – Alteryx puts control into the hands of the end user.
Alteryx allows the creation of an analytics gallery, where analytic applications and macros can be shared across the organization. This eliminates the need for static reports or for users to re-create analysis in their user profile. This gallery uses cloud computing to share analytics and provides access restrictions.
They have also created a public gallery, where users can download pre-built analytic applications or macros. Once the application is downloaded into Alteryx Designer, the user can customize the data and analytics to meet their needs.
Image source: https://gallery.alteryx.com